Oil on Canvas signed Edgard d'Hont (1861 - 1914) - Belgium School. The painting in mounted in in a more recent frame .
Edgard d'Hont was a member of the Liege circle of artists and regularly exhibited at the Salons. His work, before the beginning of the First World War, was described by the press as a 'best seller' in Liege after Xavier Wurth. In 1934 he received the 'Palmes d'Or of the order of the Crown' from the king for his services to art.