Oil on panel mounted in a quality moulded wooden frame. The painting is signed by the artist Victor De Groux and dates from around 1950.
Victor de Groux was a Belgium landscape painter known for his landscapes, woodlands, heathlands and river views of the Barbant and Ardennes Regions. He was related to the genre painter Charles de Groux and a student of Constant Montald. Ther are various permenatnt public collections of his work in Belgium and he is referenced in Fierens, Berko and Piron, etc.